Carbon Filter for Face Masks - Pack of 5Regular price £2.50
Carbon?? Filter for Face Masks - Pack of 5
Activated carbon filter
(PM2.5 surgical masks masks (commonly blue single use) are often used in high-risk situations, such as medical professionals and first responders.)
There are two main things to consider when determining the effectiveness of any antivirus mask: the filtration level and the fit.
- The filtration level defines the percentage of microscopic particles and droplets that are prevented from passing through the mask. The higher the filtration level, the less likely it is for virus-causing particles to permeate the mask, making viruses less likley to spread.
- A more fitted mask helps to stop virus-causing particles from seeping out of or into the mask through open spaces on the top, bottom, and sides of the mask. Additionally, even though??face masks are often referred to as mouth masks, it is important to note that masks must fit over both the mouth and nose to be effective.
It also important to note that masked are only fully effective when used with other proper safety measures, such as social distancing, hand-washing, and avoiding touching the face.??
Masks should have at least 2 layers of fabric to be effective. Studies have shown masks with only one layer of fabric have significantly less filtration than those with two layers.??
The best face masks have built-in filtration by way of tightly woven cotton, linen, silk, or polyester.??
Can a filter be inserted in this mask?
Filters make masks more effective, so it is important that the mask has a place where a filter can be inserted, such as an interior pocket.??
How to Put on A Face Mask Correctly
- Before putting on your face mask, be sure to clean your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Pick up the mask by the ear straps.
- Place a clean mask on your face. If wearing a PM2.5 mask, ensure that the colored side of the mask/filter is facing away from you.
- Secure the mask using the ties or ear straps.
- If the mask has a bendable top, press over the nose with thumb and index finger to secure.
- Enure the mask covers your mouth and nose securely.
- Avoid touching your mask while wearing it. If you must touch you mask, thoroughly wash your hands before and after.
How to Remove a Mask Correctly
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Do not touch the inside of the mask over your mouth and nose, which may be contaminated.
- Remove the ear tabs or straps and take the mask off your face.
- Dispose of the mask, or wash the mask, ideally in the washing machine at 140 degrees.??
- Wash your hands.